Friday, December 6, 2013

Arts and Technology

I am Artist by soul and a Web Dev by heart. Technology is changing our lives and the way we live 
drastically. The need to learn new skills  in technology its critical for the sake of one's survival 
in this latest technology wave.

I am native to Californian, and I am the youngest of 5 children. I was raised in Mexicali Baja California, 
Mexico. I entered San Diego City College, before studying traditional painting at Middlesex County 
College (New Jersey).  I returned  to San Diego to continue my arts studies at California State University 
San Marcos (CSUSM), where I started a Japanese language curriculum, immersing myself in Japanese 
culture, specifically Sumi-e painting and Japanese cinema (1949-1987), and I spent a semester 
at kansai Gaidai University in Hirakata City, Japan. Upon returning to the United States I 
continued to explore the artistic media such as video arts, painting and Internet based arts.


In 2003 I received a B. A in Visual and Performing Arts and
Technology, Deans List. My video work focuses on 
incorporating traditional visual techniques with novel approaches 
to still photography.  In painting I explore surrealism, using 
Japanese painting techniques with modern acrylic media, infusing 
my interest in my Mexican heritage. 

I think of my art work as unfinished inventories of fragmented 
ideas expressed as objects and lines. They are improvisational 
sites in which the constructed and the ready-made are used to 
question our making of the world through vision in the language 
of knowledge. 

I have found the histories of surrealism and minimalism to be 
useful in the rearranging of received ideas. The paintings 
make are placed in modernist art, in hopes of making 
visible what is overlooked in the historicism of the art. 












No comments:

Post a Comment