Saturday, December 21, 2013

10 years later.

In 2003 I received a B. A in Visual and Performing Arts and Technology. ( With an emphasis on video art on the web (using Dreamweaver) and on film).

From 2003 until 2006 I worked as Arts and lectures coordinator for Cal State San Marcos.

In 2006 I moved to San Francisco to pursue a job in the technology field.

In 2007 due to lack of experience in the tech field, I started working at El Mensajero News paper as Administrator assistant.

In 2008 the Economy crisis hits and my dream to pursue a job in the technology field was put on hold.

In 2009 I Became Airbnb host after the big Economic crisis to cover my expenses; after I received a cut on my salary from El Mensajero newspaper. ( I am still active hosting for Airbnb).

In 2010 I started to coordinate the video production at El Mensajero newspaper.

In 2011 I returned to my hobby at heart which is painting and joined Artspan to show case my art at Open Studio.

In 2012 I created El Fachonista, a mens fashion video blog with the latest fashion trends. El Fachonista was active for a year at El Mensjaero website.

In 2012 I returned to my interest in technology and started to look for places where I could learn coding. I did not wanted to spend 2 more years to get a Masters degree in computer science. I knew there were a few choices out there.

In 2013 El Fachonista wins silver award at the National Association of Hispanic Publications (NAHP) Jose Marti Awards. 

* In January I started violin classes and took a few Italian lessons.
* During the month of February I started to teach myself how to play the Ukelele.
* From June to August I started classes at Noisebridge to learn more of HTML, and get familiar with  Java Script and Ruby.
* From July to August I had a tutor at E-lance via Skype.
* In August I resigned El Mensajero newspaper to pursue my interest in technology.
* From September to November took a course at SF State (Learn to code).
* In September I got accepted at Coding Dojo.
* During the month of October I showed my work at Artspan Open Studio and ArtHub.
* In December www.dognate.org was created.

No comments:

Post a Comment